The following is a true story
It was all vegan. I just need to post it so I can stop trying to recite it to anyone with 2 seconds and an open ear, cuz it takes more than 2 seconds. My friend made it all, except, like, the olives and pickles and he did not actually grow the grain and vegetables used.
Appetizers: various olives, pickles, crackers, nutty goat-ish cheese spread, challah (remember: home made and VEGAN), tzatsiki, chopped liver, sausage slices, hot pepper aoli
Course One: Fried green tomatoes, fried tofu, mini quiches, avocado mayonaise
Course Two: French onion soup (with two kinds of cheese) and crazy beautiful salad involving flowers with vinegrette
Course Three: beet and nutty goat-ish cheese ravioli in tomato sauce
Course Four: palate-cleansing mango and blood orange sorbet
Course Five: barbequed seitan, potato knishes and broccoli rabe and kale with sundried tomatoes
Course Six: Palate-cleansing key lime sorbet and coconut sorbet
Course Seven: 2 kinds of cheesecake (cherry and..? I was too stuffed to actually try them...) and HALVAH ICE CREAM CAKE with peanut butter frosting and chocolate covered halvah on top. The ice cream was home made. The halvah was home made.
Yeah.
I have leftovers in my refrigerator = basically, I win.
2.09.2008
This is what I ate last night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment