2.01.2008

Always room for more racism!

Angry Asian Man on Ching Chong Song. (thanks to in .) In case you didn't know, there is a band called that. Cuz it's a fun n silly name. And people who disagree are "retarded twats" who don't get the band is so not racist! They are all about teh love!!! Why are people so meeeen!

I'm vomiting.

Honestly, the first time I came across that band name I did a double take and then assumed it must be an Asian band reclaiming the slur in a punk rock way. No. They're just some stupid white kids. The NYC rock press feels no need to mention that they have no fucking business running around with that name. I hate where the abuse of irony has taken us. We're past the point where the band even has to claim the name is "ironic" because they're so obviously not racist. It's just a fun name! Why you so square spoiling every[white]one's funnnnnn?

I'm so irritated today.

The there's the "Who cares about a bunch of proArab-terrorist ugly dikes!"* discussion going on over at Jewcy becuase they interviewed Eli from The Shondes. I can't jump in the fray right now, or there will be blood, but maybe you'd like to.

At least Erica Jong is getting taken to task for her bizarre, racist ramblings about the sexual issues Jewish men have because of circumcision. If you haven't looked yet, its truly one of the crazier screeds I've read as of late.

*Actual, exact quote, spelling and all.

No comments: