2.10.2008

Liveblogging the Grammys, hour One

8:01 why do they do these duet with a black&white dead person thing, still? It’s creepy and tacky and makes Alicia Keys, who actually could sound okay doing this sort of music—look like she’s playing dress-up. I’d rather see xtina do this—she’d carry it off with more aplomb. Alicia looks embarrassed. The band feels excessive, undeserved. Why does the Frank hologram appear behind the piano? Who’s that clown who gave this a standing O? Oh fuck, I thought I saw Heath Ledger in the audience. Oh! Alicia’s dress is racy! I can’t tell if I love or hate her get-up.

8:05 oh my, what’s with the femme-Stomp troop providing percussion to Carrie Underwood’s anti-girl solidarity “feminist” anthem. The song is musically good though, love it. Just hate all the “whitye trash tramp” bullshit, plus…she smashes his car up cuz she thinks he’s gonna cheat? Just dump him, wtf? Don’t commit felonies cuz some schmuck…cheated on you? Maybe? Get a life. She has some pipes, though. Her face loojks like a Disney character, though.

812 Alicia’s speech is boring. Thank god, Rhianna is coming up

821 Rhianna is great. The Time are really great.

823. Oh look at Kelis’ hair

823 nothing could possibly be boring-er than Tom Hanks rambling about The Band and drawing cheers for mentioning “Canada”

824. I take it back. Now he’s on to The Beatles. Where’s Paul? Who were the people who aren’t Ringo or Yoko that they’re showing in the audience?

827 what the FUCK is this Cirque De Soliel thing? I don’t really get Cirque de Soliel Why is the blonde lady kissing the urchin…oh…they cut the “you on” from after “I’d love to turn you”. So its ok. Women do exist to inspire little boys, after all. I don’t like this at all. I like the song. Oh now the lady’s flippin’ around. That’s better.. what the hell, she’s dead and the genera-Gestapo-ish dude is saluting her and the li’l boy is traumatized?

who is this little boy singing with the Vietnam footage in the background. Let it be? Not appropriate. Wait, what IS the footage in the background now? I’m offended. What’s happening. I hate award shows. Now there are peace signs. Okay. Whatever.

834 Just what I’ve waited my whole life to hear: “Cyndi Lauper and Myley Cyrus”. Love Cyndi’s dress though. Feist looks like an anorexic horse. Sorry if that’s a fucked up thing to say. Thank god Amy Winehouse won. At least people worry about her lack of body mass.

839 oh no, “my grammy moment” is never good news. At least they’re string players and not singers this time. I vote for the Calhoun chick the cellist was an anti-climax—not that she wasn’t good, but so much less showy…she must be kicking herself.

845 and we’re back. THANK GOD its Kanye. Mr. Showbiz. LOVE the red flames. He wasn’t kidding on his blog about the glow in the dark stuff. Oh word, I just got to log “I put the xtian in xtian dior” and “it’s louis vuitton don night”. My job rules tonight.

I feel like Daft punk and Kanye are my heroes right now

Why is Kanye singing. Oh no. it’s a tribute to his mom. Nevermind. Omg he’s almost crying. I’m almost crying. Yeah, standing O, fools!

Yeah, go RIGHT Into f-ing Fergie RIGHT after that. Don’t faux-laugh on the word “crazy”, you tacky plastic-face. Not even John Legend can save this. I’d rather watch Wild Orchid on Jenny Jones than this sorry excuse for stardom. Let John sing.

855 how the FUCK is I’m Not There not up for best soundtrack???

856 Ringo: pills, or just high on being a Beatle? What was with the peace signs? Mockery? Sincere?

No comments: