2.10.2008

Liveblogging the Grammys: Hour 4

1057 why is this dude…oh, “music cares” boring. Grammy museum…in LA’s most “exciting music center”? Nuh? It’s not even built yet. There’s nothing there except a Grammy flag. Oh, here we go…radio royalties. Hmm. No downloading finger wagging? This is better, music in schools. Fer real. Oh look, this kid is good. This is nice. Now its over. Sigh



11:00 oh…dead people montage. The guy who wrote “Rubber Ducky” died? Oh, people can’t ho,ld their applause for Pavoratti…good thing he was the last one. Otherwise, how rude.Josh Groban is paying tribute to Pavoratti? What’s happening? Nuh? Why is this happening? I thought I was gonna get to hear some opera for a minute. Bah. This sucks.

1112. Bonnie Raitt looks exactly like she did 10 years ago. 20 years ago. Oh no, did she botox too and is just not clkoseup enough for me to see? Pls say no.

This whole segment is boring. Look, Little Richard. I just saw him on “The Singing Bee” a couple weeks ago. Makes this a lil less thrilling.

11: 19Barak Obama won a Grammy.


1124 I liked that this prorpel ads point is that it has fewer calories than bad vitamin water, not that vitamin water is not water. My grandma loves propel. She refuses top drink water

1025 Will.I.Am is a professor? Oh wait, diod I lie when I said Amy won record of the year, cuz they’re about to present that? What did she win? Female vocalist or something? Will.I.Am is now doing misc record of the year past winners…is he freestyling? I hope he didn’t write this ahead of time. To be fair, he’s great at freestyling. I saw him as a surprise guest at this Kweli/Jean Grae thing a couple years ago and he was fucking great. Hate his music, but he’s good. Oh, I was right, its ALBUM of the yearthat’s left. What a holus-bolus collection.

Amy or Kanye? Amy or Kanye?

Herbie Hancock???? Herbie Hancock’s Joni Mitchell covers album???

Ok. Whatever, Grammy.

No offense Herbie Hancock. But…huh? He’s thanking Joni Mitchell repeatedly. If it wasn’t JONI MITCHELL covers I’d be less boo-faced abt it. OK. I guess Kanye and Amy split the “relevant” vote.
He just said “yes we can’, to coin a phrase”. That was the slogan of my middle school. Oftentimes expanded into “Yes We Can…do homework well”.

I guess that’s it.

I’m sending in my log and gooin’ home. Night.

No comments: