The Limits of Control is awesome and I loved it and the critics can suck it. Oh noes, a Jim Jarmusch movie that’s not plot driven? Say it ain’t so! You know what the deal is when you go to a Jarmusch movie—either go with it or don’t.
Maybe the the scorn is for the politics, which have been dismissed by various reviews as [I’m gonna paraphrase] “vaguely anti-corporate control” and “pro drugs and art.” Maybe they are uncomfortable with how angry the film is with the US government, and not at Bush in particular. It's a brand new-old America, right? Obama fixed things?
I don’t know where the “corporate” came from. It's not specifically about corporations, though it is specifically about government. Is "corporate" radical catch-all misnomer?
In 10 years they’re all gonna backtrack and jump on the “misunderstood classic” bandwagon a la Dead Man. Go see it if you like Jim Jarmusch. Or Godard.
5.19.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment