
According to Roadrunner Records, Manson told Kerrang** a lot of things about this record, like that he wrote all of the lyrics on his bedroom walls where he would do all of the album's press and kidnap those willing to "fornicate" therein, or something. He made a point to compare the songs to those on Antichrist Superstar. It's a big deal that Twiggy is back, because kids today have any idea who the fuck he is. There's a lot of wanking on his method:
"During the whole process I took a lot of photos, so the artwork is a lot of storytelling and the way that the songs have turned out is more from my point of view rather than looking at me. Because I always wanted to take pictures, my house is set up like a movie set. Instead of lamps I have movie lights and smoke machines and things."
"I really look at this record as a film, maybe because I sort of directed it. I stopped trying to conform regular life into the idea that it's regular life.
I especially like that last sentence because: what?I am kinda jealous that his house is so photo-ready because, to be honest I aspire to that, but the best I can do is a couple pie plates I can run around and clip as needed.
Um. Song titles include "Pretty as a Swastika" and "I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies". The latter could actually be good! I also kind of like "I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell".
I miss the old Marilyn Manson, the one who slid comfortable in and out of self-parody.
*Yes, the Roadrunner Records that declined to promote Who Killed Amanda Palmer, I guess because they had to gather all the king's army behind relevant genius like this.
**Couldn't find the original interview online.



No comments:
Post a Comment