4.05.2010

K4Pizza!

Surplus of matzo? Need one more k4p meal? Idea for next year? This was a raging success.
K4Pizza

Please excuse the sucky photo. I hope it captures the gist.

How do I make (vegan!) K4Pizza?

Well. You need:

Matzos of your choice
Tomato sauce
This "goat cheese"*
additional toppings of your choice.

What you do:

Preheat oven to like 400. Prep any toppings that need prepping (like, ahem, grilled artichoke hearts). Put yr matzos on a baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce. Schmear on the goat cheese. Add the other toppings. Stick in the oven for like three minutes. Marvel at the taste sensation that is this fake goat cheese mixed with tomato sauce, and the shockingly appropriate texture of now delightfully foldable matzo.

You could probably do a calzoneish thing with this basis. Just sayin'.


K4Pizza_5

As you can maybe see, I put awesome toppings on the K4Pizza above. If you use these toppings, you will probably be very happy and want to eat a lot. I used:

leftover grilled hearts of palm
pickled garlic
olives
kale
minced fresh garlic
chopped red onion
one potato on each piece from the tomato sauce (made my own, put potatoes in it, its a thing. A delicious thing.)

I had previously used the aforementioned grilled artichoke hearts. I would also recommend things like: mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach.

Basically you have no idea how actually wonderful this is. Easy. Pleasing. Everyone is happy.

Btw my sauce was: saute 1/2 small onion, minced, in olive oil til fragrant. Add 28 oz frozen csa heirloom tomatoes, thawed with dash of basil, dash or oregano, teeny dash of cloves, crank of the pepper mill, dash of salt. Throw in a peeled, shopped potato and a heaping tbsp of tomato sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally til you're bored/ready to eat/whatever. Stir in a dash of sugar. Savor the tomato-permeated potatoes.

*Seriously. If you're vegan and observe Pesach dietary restrictions, you need to add this recipe to your repertoire. Delicious lifesaver.

No comments: