Small update for 2010
Chick Lit/Chick Flicks
Over the past week or so I watched Julie and Julia on DVD and read Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner. I had long intended to see J & J, but never intended to read Certain Girls. I got it off a free shelf, it was an impulse-take. For months it's been the insomnia book on my nightstand. I've been sleeping fairly well, so, until my awesome stomach virus last weekend, I hadn't made it past page 50. It's a 400 page book. Both Julie and Julia and Certain Girls feature scenes in which a protagonist is upset by a cobb salad lunch with other women. Both scenes depict and/or discuss the ritualistic ordering of cobb salad minus as many ingredients as possible. This is actually a near-universal female malady, I'm pleased to been relieved of my ignorance.
Rihanna's Rated R
This is a great album. It only has two real throwaways, "G4L" and "Te Amo", the latter of which is a real problem. I guess this is a post-Katy Perry thing? It's a really cheesy "Latin" themed sexysong about how Rihanna will dance with a lesbian because everyone needs love, but she should watch where she puts her hands because "I'm not afraid to feel the love/ but I don't feel that way ". Rihanna sings the thing like she's two seconds away from throwing the poor dear a pity fuck (and she's like it.) It would almost be awesome but it just feels too contrived (by someone who isn't even Rihanna) and offensive. Maybe it'll work as camp in a minute. For now I usually skip it.
Otherwise the album is great. I like "Photographs", the song with Will.i.am. The part when her comes on is actually exciting. He's good at what he does. I can't listen to the Black Eyed Peas for the life of me, much as I like pop music, but he's a talented guy. I saw him freestyle at a Talib Kweli show some years ago and he was fucking awesome. He's a great rapper, and a smart songwriter, even if I don't like most of what he does. It works here.
"Cold Case Love", the track Justin Timberlake co-wrote, is delightfully grand, with welcome strings. "Russian Roulette" sounds better in the context of the album than as a confusing first singe, it's really grown on me. It's still scary, but it's also gorgeous and fits into the album's emotional arc. It's also followed by the punky-guitar infused "Fire Bomb", a rousing song worthy of Kelly Clarkson. My favorite moment right now, though, is "Hard" featuring Jeezy, who sounds energized and is in fine fun form. My favorite part of his spot is the awful/awesome "Cardiac arrest?/Cardiac a-wrist!" following a discussion of his really expensive watch. It's so expensive that it will give you a heart attack. Rihanna sounds fabulous, even when asking "where them bloggers at?"
Seriously though, if you like pop music, buy this album. It's weird and ambitious and fun and solid.
If you are a nerd and like hip hop
You might like Rap Genius. Copiously footnoted hip hop lyrics. My bf writes for it now. And he'll probably do some of the Rihanna album soon, at least that song with Jeezy.
Funny Tom Waits thing
I read this last Sunday, when I no longer had a fever, could eat toast, and was no longer vomiting, but could not stand up for very long at a stretch and kept falling asleep instead of making an ice cream cake. I put on Glitter and Doom for caking music, and ended up googling "Tom Waits Voice Evolution" instead. I have a long standing disagreement with someone who shall remain nameless re: Tom Waits voice. This person doesn't like most of Wait's work because they really like his voice on the early stuff and find his latter day vocal stylings obnoxiously contrived. I actually kind of respect that, even as I clearly disagree. Anyway, I found, like, nothing, except this, which in my state seemed hilarious. Tom Waits fandom wank. Someone suggests that maaaybe cigarettes and bourbon weren't the only culprits, others go apeshit. Also one reader had another theory:
My theory is that he was really straining to sing like that on his first albums. Then he realized he didn't need to.
That's beautiful. Hold on to your dreams, sweetie! Hold them tight!
Oscar Season is in almost-swing!
Only a month til the noms are announced! Now that I'm not vomiting I plan to get right on seeing as many likely noms as possible! I'm going to start with the White Ribbon though (srs best foreign film contender!) because I've been chomping at the bit for that anyway. I should make Michael Hanake film criticism bingo cards. Dismissive accusation that Haneke wants to "shock/stick it to the bourgeoisie". Accusation of sadism. "Cold", "pretentious", accusation that the film is somehow unfair. I have more.
The Golden Globes are on next Sunday. Amanda Palmer will be there, walking the red carpet with Neil Gaiman. How weird is that? How jealous am I?
What else? I think I'm gonna go watch some season one Gossip Girl. My bf is taking it on faith that Chuck becomes more of a likable prick when he's not trying to rape people anymore.
1.10.2010
Things
Labels:
chick flicks,
chick lit,
michael haneke,
oscar,
rap genius,
rihanna,
the white ribbon,
tom waits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



35 comments:
I wish not concur on it. I think warm-hearted post. Especially the title attracted me to review the sound story.
Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.
Well I agree but I contemplate the post should secure more info then it has.
[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]purchase a software, [url=http://sapresodas.net/]nero 9 software[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]quarkxpress layout that is 6 feet tall[/url] buy and sell signal software adobe photoshop cs3 8.0 phone activation
os x address book into filemaker pro 9 [url=http://sapresodas.net/]educational discount on software[/url] nero 9 software
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]shop software linux[/url] place to buy adobe photoshop
[url=http://sapresodas.net/]Microsoft PACK-1 Adobe[/url] windows xp pro activation crack
free order management software [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]online software reseller[/url][/b]
The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.
Thanks
[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]
[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals
As Xrumer experts, we possess been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for a sustained time conditions and know how to harness the colossal power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Spondulix machine.
We also provender the cheapest prices on the market. Many competitors devise cost 2x or consistent 3x and a a pile of the continuously 5x what we responsibility you. But we have faith in providing enormous mending at a tearful affordable rate. The entire direct attention to of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper surrogate to buying Xrumer. So we plan to support that thought in mind and provide you with the cheapest rate possible.
Not simply do we be suffering with the most successfully prices but our turnaround time payment your Xrumer posting is wonderful fast. We will take your posting done to come you distinguish it.
We also provide you with a full log of successful posts on contrasting forums. So that you can catch a glimpse of for yourself the power of Xrumer and how we hold harnessed it to help your site.[/b]
[b]Search Engine Optimization
Using Xrumer you can expect to see thousands upon thousands of backlinks in behalf of your site. Scads of the forums that your Place you intent be posted on oblige great PageRank. Having your association on these sites can truly help found up some crown quality back links and really aid your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating owing to the roof.
This is making your site more and more popular. And with this increase in reputation as grammatically as PageRank you can envisage to appreciate your site in effect superiority high-pitched in those Search Motor Results.
Above
The amount of transportation that can be obtained by harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your locality to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may still be publishing your site to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Ponder 1 mail on a popular forum last will and testament almost always rig out 1000 or so views, with signify 100 of those people visiting your site. Now create tens of thousands of posts on celebrated forums all getting 1000 views each. Your freight longing go sometimes non-standard due to the roof.
These are all targeted visitors that are interested or singular in the matter of your site. Imagine how assorted sales or leads you can execute with this titanic gang of targeted visitors. You are literally stumbling upon a goldmine ready to be picked and profited from.
Reminisce over, Transport is Money.
[/b]
GO YOUR TWOPENNY ERUPTION TODAY:
http://www.xrumer-seo.com
[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=35][img]http://s003.radikal.ru/i203/1001/17/1008f12c7936.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://cauvzah.weinend.de/]buy discount cigarettes online [/url]
buy cigarettes overnight 18 to buy cigarettes buy cheat cigarettes
[url=http://mlwqdwu.xn--baldmglichst-8ib.de/sitemap.html]buy more light box cigarettes [/url]
buying kentucky best cigarettes cheap cigarettes store buy cigarettes online buy cigarettes from russia
[url=http://botziho.485.at/]buy cigarettes on internet new york [/url]
buy cigarettes on the buy old gold cigarette bulk order cigarettes
[url=http://cauvzah.weinend.de/]to buy duty free cigarettes [/url]
buying minors cigarettes buy cigarettes from a buy eu cigarettes
[url=http://powjxun.wieder-mal.de/sitemap.html]buy tax free cigarette and tobacco online [/url]
buy camel exotic blend twist cigarettes buy tobacco buy cigarettes online legal where to buy non-fsc cigarettes
[url=http://vonzura.misslich.de/sitemap.html]buying cigarettes from abroad [/url]
buy non-fsc cigarettes online buying cigarettes online review buying cigarettes online discreet packing
[url=http://mlwqdwu.xn--baldmglichst-8ib.de/sitemap.html]buy cheap cigarettes from russia [/url]
oval cigarettes buy prison order cigarettes new york ordering cigarettes on line
[url=http://deuaexj.naheliegend.de/]buying cigarettes online [/url]
where to buy crown7 cigarettes buy cigarettes from europe online buy cheap cigarette dirt
[url=http://ubpscsn.pro.ac/sitemap.html]buy liggett cigarettes [/url]
buy dunhill cigarettes online buying cloves cigarette where can i buy eucalyptus cigarettes
[url=http://wcsoius.biz.co.nl/sitemap.html]is ordering cigarettes online illegal [/url]
buy cigarettes on the buy cigarettes in france order american spirit cigarettes online
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Slow Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, Games, Music, Applications & Download Them at Flying Speeds
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Hastily Find HD Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them at Maxed Out Speeds
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]
[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Idle Downloads With NZB Files You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, Music, Software and Download Them @ Alarming Rates
[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]
Genial brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.
Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.
You may ask, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]
Predilection casinos? travel sure of this untested [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] chairwoman and wing it restrain online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also discontinuation our nameless [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] touch at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and defeat authoritative gladden !
another late-model [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] livelihood is www.ttittancasino.com , in compensation german gamblers, fare the grade sooner than well-wishing online casino bonus.
good, i just added up even more different emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info
My friend and I were recently discussing about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.
I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of downloading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.
(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]r4i ds[/url] DS ccPost)
Easily I acquiesce in but I about the list inform should prepare more info then it has.
I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our lives, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.
I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.
(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] DS BlogServ)
Cool story you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this theme. Thanx for giving this info.
Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
constintina.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.
Dear Alissa,
For long time I use this free software: [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]FLV to MP3 free converter[/url].
FLV to MP3 free converter is a free YouTube, MegaVideo, MilkandCookies and similar video sites to MP3 Converter and allows you to convert a video to MP3 file.
This software is fast, free, and requires no signup. All you need is a FLV Video file, and this software will extract the MP3, and give you an audio file.
So you are able to listen to your favorite YouTube tracks on every MP3 player.
You can download it for free at [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]www.freeflvtomp3converter.com[/url].
I hope this help you.
Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.
good evening dudes. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for that meticulous make. The prices for the boots were about 240 pounds everwhere. But finally I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?
It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat forum[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or not-so-known methods to build an income online.
Good news
We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.
Please go to see our little web survey
http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt
Lady Gaga can not be better than heavy metal
Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/erfahrungen.html]brustvergrößerung erfahrungen[/url]
BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK
Glad to greet you, ladies and gentlemen!
Sure, you’ve heard about me, because my fame is running in front of me,
my name is James F. Collins.
Generally I’m a social gmabler. recently I take a great interest in online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to find out my particular opinion on famous gambling projects.
Please visit my web page . http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be interested on your opinion..
Hello. And Bye.
http://www.pornvideoonline.info/
www.pornvideodownload.info
http://www.pornvideotorrent.info/
www.gaypornonline.info
http://www.teenpornonline.info
www.freepornvideosonline.info
http://www.bestpornvideo.info/
[url=http://www.pornvideoonline.info]Porn video online[/url]
[url=http://www.pornvideodownload.info]Porn video download[/url]
[url=http://www.pornvideotorrent.info]Porn video torrent[/url]
[url=http://www.gaypornonline.info]Gay porn online[/url]
[url=http://www.teenpornonline.info]Teen porn online[/url]
[url=http://www.freepornvideosonline.info]Free porn videos online[/url]
[url=http://www.bestpornvideo.info]Best porn video[/url]
Hiya im new to this forum i hope i will be able to help out and contribute here because i have learned allot myself.
Thx's
[URL=http://plasteringcoursesuk.co.uk][B]plastering courses essex[/B][/URL]
earn money online http://www.333eur.com
site for [b]download software for windows[/b] is available here:
download software for windows
[url=http://www.downloadsoftwareforwindows]download software for windows[/url]
[url=http://www.downloadsoftwareforwindows/products/download-dvd-to-3gp-converter/productpage.php]download dvd to 3gp converter[/url]
download youtube video downloader
resource to [b]buy software for windows[/b] are available at:
buy software for windows
[url=http://www.buysoftwareforwindows.com]buy software for windows[/url]
[url=http://www.buysoftwareforwindows.com/products/buy-iphone-video-converter/productpage.php]buy iphone video converter[/url]
buy dvd to mp3 converter
site to [b]download software for windows[/b] is available here:
download software for windows
[url=http://www.downloadsoftwareforwindows.com]download software for windows[/url]
[url=http://www.downloadsoftwareforwindows.com/products/download-flv-to-mp3-converter/productpage.php]download flv to mp3 converter[/url]
download dvd to psp converter
url for [b]software downloads[/b] are available at:
Windows YouTube downloader
[url=http://www.1800soft.com]Windows YouTube downloader[/url]
betting software
[url=http://www.betextremesoft.com]betting software[/url]
buy software for windows
[url=http://www.buysoftwareforwindows.com]buy software for windows[/url]
download software for windows
[url=http://www.downloadsoftwareforwindows.com]download software for windows[/url]
Download Youtube Videos
[url=http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.co.uk]Download Youtube Videos[/url]
FLV to AVI converter
[url=http://www.flvtoavi.co.uk]FLV to AVI[/url]
DVD ripper
[url=http://www.flvtodvd.com]DVD ripper[/url]
Video converter
[url=http://www.hollydollyvideo.com]Video converter[/url]
Home video converter software
[url=http://www.homevideopage.com]Home video software[/url]
Poker software
[url=http://www.pokerwinningvideo.com]Poker video software[/url]
Shark Video Downloader
[url=http://www.sharkvideopage.com]Shark Video Downloader software[/url]
Simplest YouTube Internet Video Downloader
[url=http://www.simplestutils.com]Watermark Software[/url]
Popular screensavers
[url=http://www.popularscreensaverpage.com]Popular Screensaver[/url]
Hyper YouTube Magic Tool XXX
[url=http://www.andromedaapps.com]Hyper YouTube Magic Tool XXX[/url]
Free FLV converter
[url=http://www.cassiopeiasoft.com]Free FLV converter[/url]
Working YouTube downloader
[url=http://www.pegasusapps.com]Working YouTube downloader[/url]
I am Glad i ran across this web site.Added constintina.blogspot.com to my bookmark!
Post a Comment