Yeah, I may be skipping Balls of Glory.
School bans Jena six shirts as “disruptive”. As opposed to a climate where threats of lynching are all in a day’s studies.
I was just talking about this after watching The Nanny Diaries. Of course Hollywood can't make a big glossy movie about a nanny who--like the majority of those working in NYC--is a woman of color. But they can give the white protagonist an underdeveloped Black Best Friend to
Relatedly, in Hollywood there's always room for Magical Black Men
Lots of leaks this week, and if this Kanye vs. 50 thing isn't already 100% planned, they should thank each other and start coordinating efforts now.
I haven't heard much of either record yet..."Ayo Technology" is a creepy song, though. It reminds me of dudes with boundary problems who think sex workers are teases when they don't want to meet IRL/out of the club/whatever. And Justin Timberlake needs to step back for a minute--he's the majical fairy dust producers seem to think he is. He needs a hot track to sound hot. He sound pervy and rediculous crooning "Ayyyye-oh, I'm tired of using technology/Why don't you come sit on top of me."--makes me wanna slap him. And not in a fun way. "I get money" is very good, though.
Oh, and Ps, I cannot take that new Britney song seriously--"It's Britney, bitch"??? The remix with T.I. is better but still...ugh. And the giggling. UGH!



No comments:
Post a Comment